BPSLearns is Boston Public Schools' learning management system for online and blended professional learning. BPS staff log in at learn.mybps.org using their BPS ID and BPS Gmail password. BPSLearns is frequently used for online courses developed by our external partners. Contact Ed Considine if you are interested in developing a course.
In addition to creating our own resources, we look to existing resources to expand our professional learning, including blogs, edtech websites, conferences, and social media.
There are many education bloggers, but below are a few edtech bloggers that we follow.
Are you a connected educator? Explore some resources below to grow your professional learning network online.
- Workplace, a social media platform by Facebook for BPS
- Twitter for Educators Guide, a guide created by BPSTechnology's Digital Learning Team.
- #BPSPLN Storify, an archive of Twitter chats using the hashtag #BPSPLN
- Connected Educator Month, an online global initiative that connects educators via social media.
We attend, present at, and host conferences year-round. A selection of conferences that our staff have presented at include:
- ISTE Conference, an annual educational technology conference attended by over 20,000 educators and technology professionals.
- MassCUE, an annual educational technology conference attended by New England educators and offering networking opportunities.
- Building Learning Communities, a conference hosted in Boston by November Learning.
- Teacher Summer Institute, a professional learning conference co-hosted by BPS and the Boston Teacher's Union.
- Learn Teach Lead: A BPS Digital Learning Summit, a daylong digital learning conference hosted by BPSTechnology in Summer 2016.
- Technology Expo for Diverse Learners, an assistive technology conference hosted by BPS' Related Services department.
Do you want us to come to your school? Participate in a webinar? Co-create resources? Co-plan a conference? Contact us!
Edward ConsidineDigital Learning Specialist
Nikolas GonzalesDigital Learning Specialist