How to Become An Evaluator
As of August 2021, there is a *NEW* Eval 101 Certification (and Re-certification) Course for BPS Educator Evaluators on the BPSLearns platform!
To access the course, follow this link: https://learn.mybps.org/course/view.php?id=602
You will be directed to the course enrollment page after signing in with your BPS ID# and password.
Please use the following course participant handbook for closed captioning and navigating through the quizzes.
Once you have completed the course and filled out the end of course survey, your school leader will be notified and you will be assigned a caseload in Vector Evaluations+ (formerly called TeachPoint).
Teacher evaluators must meet the following requirements:
- DESE licensed
- Recommended by your principal/headmaster
- Willing to serve as an evaluator
- Rated Proficient or better
- Will only evaluate teachers rated proficient or better
- Principals/Headmasters are then responsible for developing a system to check in and oversee their teacher evaluators. Should someone on a teacher evaluator's caseload become less than proficient, the principal/headmaster must assume that person onto their own caseload as teacher evaluators may only evaluate teacher rated proficient or better.