Translation Request Guidelines
- Translation requesters should allow at minimum a 2 week delivery date on request, bearing in mind that larger jobs will, correspondingly, take longer to complete. In addition, return date is based on number of items in translation queue.
- Translation request should be submitted in Microsoft Word format. Any other format submittal may not be accepted or may cause delays. Exceptions: Special Education IEP Packet & Assessments may be submitted in PDF.
- Scanned copies will not be accepted.
- BPS in-house translation staff will not format documents submitted for translation.
- Instructional materials i.e. test, quizzes, homework will not be translated.
- Copyrighted materials will not be translated unless written consent is provided by the publisher/author. Evidence of such will need to accompany the request for translation.
- As rush/short notice jobs do occur, please specify on the request form if the translation needs expediting. Expediting is at the discretion of the T&I Unit.
- Translation Request should be for “Essential Information” only. Fulfilling request for non-essential information will be at the cost of the requester.
- With every request, The T&I Unit will determine whether the services sought are the most appropriate to fulfill language access and may tailor the request accordingly.
LINK TO FULL POLICY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TRANSLATION & INTERPRETATION SERVICES POLICY MEMORANDUM