Policy and Guides
- Translation & Interpretation School Based Administrator Training: This webinar provides information specific to the responsibility of school leaders to ensure BPS parents/guardians are provided access to essential information in a language they can understand.
- BPS OEL T&I Memorandum Services Protocol: Translation and Interpretation Service policy.
- T&I Telephone Interpretation Policy: SY 2018-2019: Translation and Interpretation Telephonic (over-the-phone) policy.
- T&I Parents Rights to T&I Services Quick Reference Guide: This quick guide provides detail on the rights of parents to receive information about their child’s education in a language they understand.
- T&I Interpretation Equipment Rental Policy & Procedure: This policy explains how to request and obtain interpretation equipment and as well as the borrowers’ responsibilities.
Resources to support language access
- Parents Rights to translation and interpretation services Poster
- T&I Brochure: The District Translation and Interpretation brochure
- BPS Telephonic User Guide: This guide provides directions on how to access the Telephonic Interpretation option.
- LionBridge Point to your Language Poster: This resource allows individuals with limited English Proficiency to point to and identify their language in order to receive support in that language.
- LionBridge Telephonic Language List: This resource provides schools/districts the available languages of the Telephonic interpreting service offering.
- T&I - I Speak Card Templates: This resource provides schools/district access to I Speak Card templates in the 9 major languages to print out and and make available to families so they can self identify the language they speak.
- Cape Verdean Creole
- Haitian Creole
- Important Document to Translate Notice: Resource that provides schools language to add to documents being distributed to families that may need translating.