The Irving has a merit based uniform policy for all students. In order to celebrate our accomplishments as a school community we strongly encourage all students to show their school pride every day through their choice of Irving gear. Our school colors are blue, yellow and white. Students will be incentivized for participating in our School Pride Uniform Challenges throughout the school year and Homerooms with 90%+ uniforms for the week will be recognized.
A student will be considered to be in uniform if they are wearing a blue, yellow or white polo/t-shirt/long sleeve shirt/sweatshirt (with or without an Irving logo) with khaki style pants (khaki, navy, and black) or jeans.
Families may purchase uniforms for the upcoming school year from our two distributors:
If a student chooses not to wear an Irving Uniform, they must come to school appropriately dressed. The following attire is not allowed during the school day:
- L & M Bargain Store located on 640 American Legion Hwy, Roslindale
- MyLocker, an online store where students can design and customize their uniform. To design and purchase customized uniforms, visit our online store at http://goo.gl/oUfUKY
- Tank Tops
- Halter/Tube Tops
- Sheer tops
- Flip flops
- Skirts, dresses, or shorts that are more than two inches above the knees
- Jeans with holes above the knees
The Boston Public Schools’ policy on mobile telephones is designed to ensure that the use of cell phones does not interfere with teaching and learning during the school day. Students are permitted to use cell phones before and after school hours outside or inside the school building.
Irving students are permitted to use their cell phones:
- During Breakfast from 6:45AM-7:10AM in the Cafeteria ONLY. When it is time to line up, all cell phones must be turned completely off (not simply on silent or vibrate mode) and put away.
- During their designated lunch time ONLY in the Cafeteria until it is time for their class to line up. When it is time to line up, all cell phones must be turned completely off (not simply on silent or vibrate mode) and put away.
- Students are permitted to use cell-phones once they are outside of the building after dismissal. All cell phones should remain off and away until students are out of the building.
- Students are permitted to use cell phones at after-school or sports activities, only with the permission of the coach, instructor, or program director. Students are permitted to use cell phones at evening or weekend activities inside the school building.
The use of cell phones for any purpose—including telephone calls, text messaging, and other functions—is not permitted at any other time on school grounds. Cell phones must not be visible or heard during the school day.