Excellence for All
Excellence for All (EFA) is a Boston Public Schools initiative that helps schools expand access to 21st Century learning experiences for students in grades 3-6. EFA provides school leaders and teachers with the resources needed to support each child's unique path to success. At the end of each year, students in EFA schools present research projects at our Annual Showcase.
- Capstone Research Project (multidisciplinary, student-centered, and student-led)
- Interventions for improving literacy and social-emotional learning and wellness.
- Scholars Program (ISEE exam prep, executive function classes, and parent workshops)
- STEM coursework (coding, robotics and 3D printing for grades 3-6)
- World language coursework (Spanish, French, Mandarin)
- Ongoing direct coaching to ensure instruction is rigorous, personalized, culturally relevant, and enriching.
- Support in improving student writing and literacy.
- Support in addressing the needs of English Language Learners and students with disabilities
- And more!
Current EFA Schools
- Bates Elementary School
- Curley K-8 School
- Edison K-8 School
- Edwards Middle School
- Frederick Pilot Middle School
- Gardner Pilot Academy
- Grew Elementary School
- Guild Elementary School
- Harvard-Kent Elementary School
- Holmes Innovation School
- Irving Middle School
- King K-8 School
- Mendell Elementary School
- Philbrick Elementary School
- Sumner Elementary School