District Wellness Council
The District Wellness Council recommends, reviews, and advises on the development and implementation of district policies that address student health and wellness. BPS takes a comprehensive approach to reviewing and incorporating changes in policy, curriculum, and operating procedures to promote healthy lifestyles and sustainable wellness practices for all students and staff. District Wellness Council members are appointed by the Superintendent and are required to attend four open meetings during the school year. These meetings are open to the public.
All meetings will be held from 3:00 - 5:00 PM at the Bolling Building 2300 Washington St, Roxbury, MA
- Wednesday, September 27, 2017 (2nd floor School Committee Room)
- Thursday, January 18, 2018 (6th floor Community Room)
- Thursday, March 22, 2018 (6th floor Community Room)
- Thursday, June 7, 2018 (6th floor Community Room)
Sign up here to join the District Wellness Council listserv and receive information about meetings and announcements.
The District Wellness Council has formed workgroups of BPS community members and staff to focus the work of the council in each of the policy areas:
- Cultural Proficiency
- School Food and Nutrition Promotion
- Comprehensive Physical Activity and Physical Education
- Comprehensive Health Education
- Healthy School Environment
- Health Services
- Safe and Supportive Schools
- Staff Wellness
If you are interested in joining a subcommittee, please complete and submit this interest form.
Review the BPS District Wellness Policy for details about the council requirements, school-based wellness council requirements and each policy area's requirements.
For more information, contact the Assistant Director of Wellness Policy & Promotions, Maryka Lier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-635-7926