Our next window for submission of applications to conduct research in the Boston Public Schools will open on June 1st, 2021. Please allow 60 days after submission to inquire about the status of an application. Applicants who submit during the June window should receive decision letters in August.
Applications will be accepted during the following windows in SY21-22:
June 1 – June 30, 2021
October 1- October 31, 2021
February 1- Feburary 28, 2022
*Please note that these windows may change.
Modifications due to COVID-19
- SY20-21 Modifications to Research due to COVID Memo.
- Please review the updated SY20-21 Policy and Guidelines document for updated policies related to primary data collection, use of digital data collection tools, and increased student security precautions. There will be no in-person data collection in SY20-21.
- For continuing research, please update your proposed research design section to comply with the data collection restriction. Any modifications made in your research design due to COVID-19 need to be approved by your IRB before submitting for continuation.
- For new research, provide detailed descriptions of primary data collection in digital spaces in the research design section of your research proposal.
- Note many typical data collections have been paused or cancelled due to COVID. The research team will consult with you on specifics through the research approval process