How do I apply for the Tuition-Free Community College Plan?
Applying is easy. Just follow the steps in the order indicated below. Success Boston or your guidance counselor can help you complete these steps in a timely manner.
1) Apply to one or more of the eligible schools and register for classesYou may apply to any of the following schools:
All six colleges are open admission, meaning you can apply at any time. However, to ensure your Plan eligibility, you should aim to apply to BHCC, apply to Massasoit, apply to MassBay, apply to RCC, apply to Urban College or apply to BFIT before filling out the Tuition-Free Community College Plan application.
- Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC)
- Massasoit Community College
- MassBay Community College
- Roxbury Community College (RCC)
- Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology (BFIT)
- Urban College of Boston
Once you are accepted, your college will send you information on college placement tests, if needed, and class registration. Be sure to complete these steps as early as possible! They are required to determine your eligibility for the Tuition-Free Community College Plan. Plus, classes fill up quickly.
2) Complete the FAFSAAll U.S. citizens and permanent residents applying for the Tuition-Free Community College Plan will need to submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA can tell you whether you're eligible for a Pell Grant, which is one of the requirements of the Tuition-Free Community College Plan. The earlier you complete the FAFSA, the sooner you will know what financial aid you're eligible for. Learn more about the FAFSA here.
3) Apply to the Tuition-Free Community College PlanThe application for the Fall 2020 semester will open April 1, 2020. The deadline is June 21, 2020.If you applied to BHCC, Massasoit, MassBay, or RCC:Fill out the online application to apply to the Tuition-Free Community College Plan.If you applied to Urban College of Boston:Contact the UCB Office of Financial Aid at 617-449-7428 and indicate your interest in the Tuition-Free Community College Plan.If you applied to BFIT:Contact the BFIT Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-588-1368 and indicate your interest in the Tuition-Free Community College Plan.