Gardner Pilot Academy is proud to be 1 of the 30 schools within BPS that has received and maintained NAEYC Accreditation!!
What is NAEYC?
NAEYC stands for the National Association for the Education of Young Children
Since 1985, NAEYC has offered a national, voluntary accreditation system to set professional standards for early childhood education programs, and to help families identify high-quality programs. Today, NAEYC Accreditation represents the mark of quality in early childhood education. Over 6,500 child care programs, preschools, early learning centers, and other center- or school-based early childhood education programs are currently NAEYC-Accredited. These programs provide high quality care and education to nearly one million young children in the United States, its territories, and programs affiliated with the United States Department of Defense.
Click on the link for more information: NAEYC
The NAEYC accreditation process in the Boston Public Schools will drive transformational change in our early childhood programs and lead to an increasing ability of the school community to engage in quality practices. Through the process of pursuing accreditation, all adults will develop the adaptive capacity to:
- Be sensitive and responsive to children and families
- Consistently engage in high quality developmentally appropriate practices
- Show continuous improvement and refinement of the skills, attitudes and dispositions that serve to help young children grow and learn.
- Development of the whole child rather than focus on academic skills
- Children as strong powerful learners
- Family-centered practices
- Cultural Competence
- Assessment includes observation and reflection and is used to drive and modify curriculum so it responds to the needs of individual children
- Developing the capacity of the school-based personnel to own the process and maintain quality