Events and Community Engagement
Boston Public Schools (BPS) released the proposed second phase of the BuildBPS educational and facilities master plan to the Boston School Committee on October 17, 2018, in anticipation of a vote on aspects of the plan in early December 2018.
A crucial part of BuildBPS is a robust community engagement process in every neighborhood in Boston to provide information and collect feedback on the proposals, which include new construction, major renovations, and transformation of schools, as well as fewer school transitions for students and critical facilities repairs.
BPS is organizing approximately 20 community meetings in October, November, and December 2018. Below is a list of confirmed meetings. This list will be updated with additional meetings as the times and locations are finalized.
- West Roxbury: Wednesday, October 24, 6:00-8:00 PM, West Roxbury Education Complex, 1205 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury
- Dorchester: Thursday, October 25, 6:00-7:30 PM, Jeremiah E. Burke High School, 60 Washington Street, Dorchester
- Roslindale: Thursday, November 1, 6:00-8:00 PM, Boston Center for Youth and Families (BCYF) Roslindale Community Center, 6 Cummins Highway Roslindale
- Charlestown: Friday, November 2, 5:00-7:00 PM, Charlestown High School, 240 Medford Street, Charlestown
- Mattapan: Saturday, November 3, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, Mildred Avenue K-8 School, 5 Mildred Avenue, Mattapan
- East Boston: Monday, November 5, 8:00-10:00 AM, Mario Umana K-8 Academy, 312 Border Street, East Boston
- Hyde Park: Thursday, November 8, 6:00-8:00 PM, BCYF Hyde Park, 1179 River Street, Hyde Park
- South Boston: Tuesday, November 13, 6:30-8:00 PM, BCYF Condon Community Center, 200 D Street, South Boston
- Roxbury (At the BPS District English Learner Advisory Committee Meeting): Thursday, November 15, 6:00-8:00 PM, Bruce Bolling Municipal Building, 2300 Washington Street, Roxbury
- South End: Friday, November 16, 6:00-8:00 PM, People's Baptist Church, 134 Camden Street, Boston
- Downtown: Saturday, November 17, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM, Boston Public Schools Citywide School Showcase, Boston City Hall, 1 City Hall Square, Boston. (Representatives will have information on BuildBPS during the showcase.)
- Roxbury (With the Citywide Parent Council): Tuesday, November 27, 6:00-8:00 PM, Bruce Bolling Municipal Building, 2300 Washington Street, Roxbury
- Dorchester (With Boston SPEDPAC, the Boston Special Education Parent Advisory Council): Thursday, November 29, 7:00-8:30 PM, Richard J. Murphy K-8 School, 1 Worrell Street, Dorchester
- Jamaica Plain: Thursday, January 10, 6:00-8:00 PM, The English High School, 144 McBride Street, Jamaica Plain
- Allston-Brighton: Thursday, January 17, 6:00-8:00 PM, Gardner Pilot Academy, 30 Athol Street, Allston