What is GPA's Snack and Beverage Policy?
- We do not allow students to drink sugar-sweetened beverages (soda, Gatorade, energy drinks) during the school day.
- Teachers and staff provide healthy snacks and beverages during class parties.
- Parents should bring in healthy snacks and beverages for class parties.
- Use healthy foods as rewards or incentives.
Examples of healthy snacks:
- Low-fat and fat-free milk
- Fruits and vegetables
- Low-fat and fat-free dairy products
- Whole grain crackers and granola bars (goldfish, kettle corn, baked Doritos)
- 150 calories or less
- 4 ounces of 100% juice
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter