Step 3: Observation Resources
Evaluators use data from both observations and artifacts as evidence to inform formative and summative evaluations. Observations are an opportunity for an evaluator to assess an educator’s performance on the four standards and progress in meeting their goals—and to provide feedback to guide growth. For each observation,the evaluator will record evidence and then provide feedback through the Educator Development and Feedback System. While the EDFS will capture a record of the observation, it should not replace face-to-face post-observations conversations.View the complete Observation Guide with best practices
View sample teacher observation feedback forms:
- Ms. A, Science, 50 minute observation
- Ms. B, ELA, 50 minute observation
- Mr. C, Math, 10 minute observation
- Mrs. D, Science, 15 minute observation
- Mr. E, Writer's Workshop, 20 minute observation
- Ms. F, ELA, 15 minute observation
- Ms. G, Math, 15 minute observation
View sample evidence and feedback from nurse observations.
View sample evidence and feed from guidance counselor observations.