Non-Instructional PositionsMany roles help the Boston Public Schools support the learning of our students. We are committed to hiring highly qualified, dedicated and diverse employees to help educate our children.To apply for any of the following positions, please use the button below to view current vacancies:
Explore employment opportunities by viewing current vacancies:
- Substitute Teachers
- Clerical Positions (Temporary Clerical)
- Custodial and Facilities Positions
- Food Services (Lunch Hour Monitors and Temporary Cafeteria Workers)
- Bus Monitors (Transportation Attendants)
- School Police Officers
How to ApplyThe following steps should be completed (in order) by candidates interested in the positions above in the Boston Public Schools.Step 1. Go to the BPS TalentEd Career Website located here.
- Search for “Paraprofessional,” "Bus Attendants," Lunch Monitor" etc. in the Job Listings search bar.
- Select this position and click the “Apply for this Position” button on the right hand side.- This will prompt you to create an account or log into your existing TalentEd profile.Step 2. If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by the School Leader/Central Office administration for an interview.Step 3. If selected for the position, you will be contacted by the Office of Human Capital, with instructions and information on documentation and requirements to ensure that you start at Boston Public Schools. Do your best to provide this information in a timely and thorough fashion, so we can get you working in your new position.