Evaluators use both observations and artifacts as evidence to inform formative assessments and summative evaluations. After an evaluator approves an educator’s goals, both educators and evaluators may submit artifacts to the online Employee Development and Feedback System throughout the year. Artifacts show how an educator is meeting goals and standards. They allow educators to communicate aspects of their practice that are not always apparent during observations.
- View the complete Artifact Guide including best practices.
- View the types of artifacts submitted in 2012-2013 for each standard.
- View the Guide to Well-Written Rationales.
- Artifact guidance from DESE
- View a sample artifact & annotated rationale for I-B-2. Adjustments to Practice.
- View a sample artifact for I-A-1. Subject Matter Knowledge & I-A-3. Rigorous Standards-Based Unit Design.
- View a sample artifact for I-A-4. Well-Structured Lessons.
- View a sample artifact for II-A-1. Quality of Effort and Work.
- View sample artifacts for II-A-3. Meeting Diverse Needs.
- View a sample artifact for II-D-3. Access to Knowledge.
- View a sample artifact for III-B-1. Learning Expectations.
- View a sample artifact for III-C-1. Two-Way Communication.
- View a sample artifact for IV-C-1. Professional Collaboration.