School Police Officers perform the duties under the general guidelines of the Boston City Police at school sites throughout the City.
- Provide a copy of a High School Diploma or G.E.D., or documentation for a higher degree. Be a U.S Citizen and at least 21 years of age.
- Provide documentation with a passing score on the Boston Police, Rule number 400, Special Officers exam prior to date of hire.
- Posses a valid Massachusetts Driver's license (copy must be submitted)
- Live in the City of Boston: Some positions require City of Boston residency. Candidates not living in the City of Boston would be required to relocate to Boston before accepting.
- Pass an extensive medical examination at their own expense prior to date of hire.
- Pass a physical fitness standards test prior to date of hire.
How to Apply
Go to the BPS TalentEd Career Website located here
Step 2: Search for "School Police Officer" in the Job Listings search bar.
Step 3: Select the position and click the "Apply for this Position" button on the right hand side. This will prompt you to create an account or log into your existing TalentEd profile.
Base salary: $13.16 - $15.41 per hour/40 hour work week