Dante Alighieri Montessori School
The Dante Alighieri Montessori School provides children with individualized learning goals. Our classrooms are mixed-aged. We currently have children ages 9-12.
Classrooms are mixed-age communities where children and adults work side by side in beautiful, child-centered environments. Special Montessori learning materials encourage concentration, coordination, order, and respect. Our curriculum includes Culture Studies (social studies), Reader’s Workshop, and Creation Stories (science).
What makes our school special:
- Full-day Montessori program
- Mixed-age classrooms
- Hands-on Montessori curriculum
- Montessori certified teachers
- Individualized instruction
- Strong emphasis on early intervention
- Newly renovated building and beautifully prepared environments
- Outdoor learning, including gardening
- Integrated art and music
- A family-friendly community, including open houses, orientations, celebrations, and potluck suppers
- Special admission: Due to the unique nature of child-focused learning, experience with the Montessori method is needed for students entering grades 1-6. Students interested in applying will have their names sent to the Alighieri. School staff will contact families in random order and determine their level of experience with the Montessori program and then offer a student an assignment if a seat is available.
Special academic programs:
- ESL instruction for all English Language Learners five days a week
- Special Education services provided daily
37 Gove Street
East Boston, MA 02128
email@example.comPhone: 617-635-8529Fax: 617-635-7691School Hours7:30 a.m.-2:10 p.m.Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 11:40 p.m.