Meet your Guidance Counselors
7th-8th Grade - David Lewis
9th-10th Grade - Justine Grace
11th & 12th Grade (Last Name A-L) - Daniel Goldsbury
11th & 12th Grade (Last Name M-Z) - Maureen O'Donnell
Family Resource Center: Hannah Wolfield, from the Family Resource Center, will be at BCLA-McCormack Dorchester Campus every Friday from 8:00a - 11:00a to provide any assistance for families that need resources.
The purpose of school counseling is to support students to:
- Foster self-understanding and self-awareness
- Develop stress management and coping skills
- Express emotions in a healthy way
- Learn self-advocacy skills
- Explore career and higher learning opportunities
- Achieve academic success
- Explore extracurricular activities
- Discuss home and family stressors and learn positive coping.
- Develop appropriate social skills
- Learn to develop positive peer relationships
- Individual counseling
- Parent consultations
- Academic advisement
- Group counseling
- Mediations between peers
- Teacher/administration consultations and collaboration
- Connection to outside resources
*All counseling services are voluntary and confidential.
The Home for Little Wanderers
offers parent support groups to help caregivers expand their village in a safe and confidential environment.
What is the Parent Support Program?
The HFLW’s Parent Support Program offers both structured and open-ended groups and workshops for parents. All of the services are FREE.
Example groups include:
• Parenting Journey
• Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
• Raising Children with Behavioral and
Mental Health Needs
• Navigating the Special Education System
• Financial Literacy