Boston Saves is a children’s savings account program that helps families of BPS students start saving for their children’s college or career training from K2 kindergarten onward.
How does Boston Saves work?
Every participating kindergartner receives a Boston Saves account with $50 for their future college or career training. Families can earn even more money for their child, called Boston Saves Dollars, and track those savings online. Along the way, Boston Saves families and students can learn more about how to make the most of their money to plan for the future.
Key features of Boston Saves
- Starting deposit: Get $50 for your child's future in their Boston Saves account.
- Boston Saves Dollars: Complete simple steps to earn more money for your child.
- Community support: Connect with other families at fun Boston Saves events.
- Financial education: Learn how to save and pay for college or career training.
- Savings tools: Track the savings in your child’s Boston Saves account online.
Who is eligible to participate in Boston Saves?
The pilot version of Boston Saves is currently available in eleven BPS schools, but will start to expand to all Boston district schools in Fall 2019, with charter schools to follow. We are starting with the smaller “pilot” version of Boston Saves to make sure the program is the best that it can be before it is made available across the city.
During the pilot, only students in certain grades at our pilot schools will be able to participate in Boston Saves (see below). All students at our pilot schools will be able to access financial tips and resources.
Participating Pilot Schools
West Zone ELC
- Harvard/Kent Elementary
- James Otis Elementary
- Donald McKay K-8
- Franklin D. Roosevelt K-8
- George H. Conley Elementary
- Mattahunt Elementary School
- Martin Luther King, Jr. K-8
- Haynes Early Education Center
- West Zone Early Learning Center
- Gardner Pilot Academy
- F. Lyman Winship Elementary
How do I sign up?
If your child is in a participating Boston Saves class, they already have a Boston Saves account! Log in to the Boston Saves web portal to see the savings in your child’s account.