Welcome back to school!
We welcome students, families and staff to the Boston Public Schools for a new year of teaching and learning.
- Our Back to School Hotline is available at (617) 635-9046 to answer your questions about waiting lists, transportation and school registration.
- Learn more about yellow bus transportation. If you have transportation questions, call our Transportation Hotline at (617) 635-9520 or use our free 'Where's my School Bus' app to see the location of your school bus in real time when it's on the road.
- Find out your school's hours and location
- Read back-to-school vaccination information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and BPS immunization requirements
- Download and print the 2013-2014 school year calendar with marking periods
- Read the 2013-2014 Guide to the Boston Public Schools for Families and Students
- Learn about the steps we have taken to redesign OneCard ID badges
- If you have left school and would like to return and earn a high school diploma, please call our Re-Engagement Center at (617) 635-2273.
- We have upgraded our anti-bully hotline to accept text messages. You can text a tip to (617) 765-7125 or call us at (617) 592-2378. Program both in your child's phone for easy access and learn more on our Anti-Bullying page.
BPS Welcome Centers are open
- BPS Welcome Center Dorchester
1216 Dorchester Ave., Dorchester, MA 02125
(behind Burger King)
Help available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, French, and Haitian Creole
- BPS Welcome Center Roxbury
75 Malcolm X Blvd., Roxbury, MA 02120
Entrance is now closer to Roxbury Crossing MBTA, at playspace entrance to Madison Park.
Help available in Cantonese, Cape Verdean Creole, English, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- BPS Welcome Center Roslindale
515 Hyde Park Ave., Roslindale, MA 02131
(near Cummins Highway)
Help available in Cape Verdean Creole, English, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Spanish, and French.
- BPS Welcome Center East Boston Satellite (open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from August 27-September 12; otherwise open Tuesdays during the school year)
312 Border St., East Boston, MA 02128 (south side of Umana Academy)
Help in English and Spanish
Important Dates (please see our district calendar for more)
|Tuesday-Thursday, August 20-22||Principals/Headmasters Institute|
|Tuesday-Thursday, August 20-22||School Secretaries Institute, Madison Park High School|
|Tuesday-Wednesday, August 20-21||New Teacher Institute, English High School|
|Thursday, August 22|
Middle O! (Middle School Orientation), Fenway Park, 4 Yawkey Way, 5:30pm-8pm
|Friday, August 23||Court Street Open House for principals and headmasters|
|Monday, August 26||Districtwide summer graduation ceremony, White Stadium, Franklin Park, 6pm|
|Tuesday, August 27||Countdown to Kindergarten’s Citywide Kindergarten Celebration, Children’s Museum, 308 Congress St., 4:30pm-7:30pm|
|Tuesday, September 3||All teachers and paraprofessionals report to work|
|Wednesday, September 4||First day of school for students in grades 1-12|
|Monday, September 9||First day of school for students in kindergarten|
Parent & Student Agreement
Within the first few days of school, every student will bring home a copy of the Guide to the Boston Public Schools for Families and Students. (This document is also available for download here.)
The Parent & Student Agreement on pages 36-38 of this Guide is very important. It is a legal document that we will keep on file at the school. Please remove these pages from the booklet, read and sign each section, and return the agreement to your child’s school right away. We ask all parents to do this to be sure they understand the policies and laws that affect their children. We also need the signature of a parent or guardian so their children may take part in certain school activities.