Welcome back to school!
We welcome students, families and staff to the Boston Public Schools for a successful year of teaching and learning.
- Do you have questions about yellow school bus transportation?
- Find out your school's hours and location
- Read back-to-school vaccination information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Download and print the 2012-2013 school year calendar and marking periods
- Fill out a Free and Reduced Price meal application online to get the most value for your dollar (learn more about breakfast and lunch programs on our School Meals website)
- If you have left school and would like to return and earn a high school diploma, please call our Re-Engagement Center at (617) 635-2273.
Family Resource Centers are open
- East Zone Family Resource Center
1216 Dorchester Ave., Dorchester
(behind Burger King)
Help available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, French, and Haitian Creole
- North Zone Family Resource Center
75 Malcolm X Blvd., Roxbury
Entrance is now closer to Roxbury Crossing MBTA, at playspace entrance to Madison Park.
Help available in Cantonese, Cape Verdean Creole, English, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- West Zone Family Resource Center
515 Hyde Park Ave., Roslindale
(near Cummins Highway)
Help available in Cape Verdean Creole, English, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Spanish, and French.
Important Dates (please see our district calendar for more)
|Tuesday-Thursday, August 21-23||Principals/Headmasters Institute, Roxbury Community College|
|Tuesday-Thursday, August 21-23||School Secretaries Institute, Madison Park High School, Cardinal Hall|
|Tuesday-Thursday, August 21-23||New Teacher Institute, Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center|
|Monday, August 27||Districtwide summer graduation ceremony, White Stadium, Franklin Park, 6pm|
|Tuesday, August 28|
Countdown to Kindergarten’s Citywide Kindergarten Celebration, Children’s Museum, 308 Congress St., 4:30pm-7:30pm
|Wednesday, August 29|
Middle O! (Middle School Orientation), Fenway Park, 4 Yawkey Way, 5:30pm-8pm
|Friday, August 31||Court Street Open House for principals and headmasters|
|Tuesday-Wednesday, September 4-5||All teachers and paraprofessionals report to work|
|Thursday, September 6||First day of school for students in grades 1-12|
|Monday, September 10||First day of school for students in kindergarten|
Parent & Student Agreement
Within the first few days of school, every student will bring home a copy of the Guide to the Boston Public Schools for Families and Students. (This document is also available for download here.)
The Parent & Student Agreement on pages 33–36 of this Guide is very important. It is a legal document that we will keep on file at the school. Please remove these pages from the booklet, read and sign each section, and return the agreement to your child’s school right away. We ask all parents to do this to be sure they understand the policies and laws that affect their children. We also need the signature of a parent or guardian so their children may take part in certain school activities.