Saturday, May 25, 2013
Winship Elementary School
54 Dighton StreetBrighton, MA 02135
- Accredited by the National Association of Educators of Young Children
- Science-focused school with an outdoor classroom
- Experienced staff, a strong literacy program, and focus on science throughout the curriculum
- On-site counseling services provided by staff from Franciscan Hospital for Children
- City Connects partnership, linking the school and families to community resources
- Big Brother/Big Sister program that pairs our students with college students for recreational and weekend activities
- English/Spanish Early Childhood program with monthly workshops for parents
- Tutors and student interns who help teachers and students individually and in small groups
- VSA arts: Visiting artist programs in music, dance, and art
- YMCA before school and after school programs for children ages 5 to 12.
- Fully renovated, Victorian-era building, within walking distance from the MBTA in Brighton Center
- School partners: Boston University School of Education Consortium, Boston College, YMCA, and VSA arts.
- This school is a member of the Boston Inclusive Schools Network.
The network links together the BPS schools offering and developing expanded inclusive opportunities for students with disabilities with technical assistance and support from Urban Special Education Leadership Collaborative at Education Development Center in Waltham.