Urban Science Academy
Urban Science Academy (USA) and Parkway Academy of Technology and Health (PATH) at the West Roxbury Education Complex merged into one school in the fall of 2011, retaining the name Urban Science Academy.
For more information, see our Redesign and Reinvest page.
- A school with a college preparatory curriculum and a focus on environmental science, technology, and the arts
- AP courses: biology, calculus, chemistry, statistics, U.S. history, language arts, and Spanish
- Laptop computers and media technology
- Our core values: rigor, clarity, communication, support, success
- Electives: instrumental music, PC repair, networking, psychology, debate, biotechnology, journalism, urban ecology, student leadership, yearbook, digital photography, and visual arts
- Excellent facilities, with state of the art science and computer labs, an outdoor classroom, and parks, rivers, and hiking trails right outside our door
- Internship opportunities and other support through our community partners
- Strong after school program for all students
- Student leadership opportunities
- Co-teaching in grade 9 and 10 core classes
- Strong family and community engagement, supported by our full-time Family and Community Outreach Coordinator
- School partners: College Board, MIT Center for Space Research, Urban Ecology Institute, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, and the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research.
School Supplies for 9th grade AVID students: 6-inch ruler, pencils, pens, highlighters, erasers, a small zipper bag, dividers and labels, 3 inch binder, loose-lined paper, sticky notes, pencil sharpener, and small stapler.