Urban Science Academy
- A school with a college preparatory curriculum and a focus on environmental science, technology, and the arts
- AP courses: biology, calculus, chemistry, statistics, U.S. history, language arts, and Spanish
- Laptop computers and media technology
- Our core values: rigor, clarity, communication, support, success
- Electives: instrumental music, PC repair, networking, psychology, debate, biotechnology, journalism, urban ecology, student leadership, yearbook, digital photography, and visual arts
- Excellent facilities, with state of the art science and computer labs, an outdoor classroom, and parks, rivers, and hiking trails right outside our door
- Internship opportunities and other support through our community partners
- Strong after school program for all students
- Student leadership opportunities
- Co-teaching in grade 9 and 10 core classes
- Strong family and community engagement, supported by our full-time Family and Community Outreach Coordinator
- School partners: College Board, MIT Center for Space Research, Urban Ecology Institute, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, and the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research.
School Supplies for 9th grade AVID students: 6-inch ruler, pencils, pens, highlighters, erasers, a small zipper bag, dividers and labels, 3 inch binder, loose-lined paper, sticky notes, pencil sharpener, and small stapler.