Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Tynan Elementary School
650 E. Fourth StreetSouth Boston, MA 02127
- Mass. Water Resources Authority (MWRA) science programs
- Family Nights focusing on math, literacy support, and MCAS support
- G.R.E.A.T. program to help youth develop positive life skills and avoid violent behavior
- Massachusetts History Initiative
- Full-time math specialist teacher, and two full-time science specialist teachers
- Interns and student teachers from Eastern Nazarene College
- Culturally diverse school population
- Volunteers and tutors from NSTAR, Boston Partners in Education, Foster Grandparents, and Generations, Inc.
- Tynan Community School after school programs
- A school library, computers with internet in classrooms, and an exciting playground
- School partners: Arbour Counseling, Boston Institute of Psychotherapy, John Hancock, Mount Washington Bank, Tynan Community School, Wediko Children’s Services.