This year we have a director of operations, a special education student support coordinator, a parent services coordinator, an operations coordinator, and a student coordinator who assist the school and families in a variety of ways.
• Mass. Water Resources Authority (MWRA) science programs
• Family Nights focusing on math, literacy, and PARCC (the new statewide test)
• A new school library, courtesy of Target
• Mass. History Initiative
• Eight mobile computer carts with Internet in classrooms
• Dance and vocal music
• Boston Partners in Education / Power Lunch, mentoring students in kindergarten through grade 3
• Two full time science specialists
• Culturally diverse school population
• Volunteers and tutors from NSTAR, Boston Partners in Education, Foster Grandparents, and Generations, Inc.
• Facilities: library, playground, dance studio and gymnasium
* K-12 Pathway: Guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Dearborn STEM Academy (science/technology/engineering/math) school for grades 6-12.
• Arbour Counseling, Boston Institute of Psychotherapy, City Stage, Lifetouch, Mount Washington Bank, Tynan Community School, Boston Partners in Education, Westin Hotel, Greater Boston Food Bank, Target, Reebok, and Cradle to Crayons
• Before school: Please contact the school for information
• Tynan Community Center after school program;
bus to South Boston Neighborhood House and South Boston Boys & Girls Club