We firmly believe in our Mission Statement: The Rogers is an exciting learning environment where students are respected and expected to learn, and where necessary skills and opportunities for students to reach their full potential are provided.
We are committed to continuing a tradition of excellence for our community of learners. We teach personal responsibility and good decision making every day as part of our curriculum so that our students are prepared for success in high school, college, and careers.
We are focused on using data to inform instruction and differentiate instructional practices to meet the needs of all students. The Rogers is working to strengthen core instruction in all classrooms by having students working in groups, receiving feedback from teachers, and engaging in higher order thinking and problem solving.
Students have access to Science and Technology labs as part of their daily schedule. All classrooms are wired for network technology.
What makes our school special:
• A positive environment for learning with a 100-year-old tradition of excellence
• Inclusive school model and philosophy
• High school algebra offered to grade 8 students
• Performing arts, drama, and school chorus
• Positive Behavior Intervention Systems and the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
• Multicultural Showcase
• Interscholastic sports teams at a championship level including football, soccer, basketball, baseball,volleyball, track, cross country, cheer leading and dance
• Student government and Leadership opportunities for all students
• Various after school clubs, sports, and organizations
• Annual Wildcat Walk for Wellness
* K-8 Pathway: Guaranteed assignment for students from the Channing, Chittick, E. Greenwood, and Grew.
Special academic programs:
• Advanced Work Class for eligible students in grade 6
• Full inclusion of students with special needs and English Language Learners in regular classrooms with individualized support
• America SCORES Boston soccer program, Blue Hills Bank, Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox Foundation, City Stage Company, City Year, The Home for Little Wanderers, Play Ball! Foundation, SERP/ Harvard/ Wheelock, Thompson Island/Outward Bound.
Before and after school programs in our building:
• Before school: Walking Club
• After school: City Year “We Are the Change” program Monday-Thursday; Student Council, yearbook, gardening, dance, cooking, running; 1-2 times per week.
Sports: Football and soccer (fall); basketball (winter); track and soccer (spring); cheerleading (all year)
ISEE Prep: September and October
Academic tutoring: all year.Minimum 70% grade average to be eligible for school sports and clubs. All activities open to all students; no activity fees.