Saturday, May 18, 2013
Rogers Middle School
15 Everett StreetHyde Park, MA 02136
Students who complete grade 5 at the Grew Elementary School have a guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Rogers Middle School.
- A positive environment for learning and a 100-year-old tradition of excellence
- Consistently ranked as a top-performing middle school in student achievement
- Advanced Work Class for eligible students in grade 6
- Many after school programs
- College preparatory elective offered to students
- High school algebra offered to grade 8 students
- Performing arts, drama, and school chorus
- Professional development center
- Small learning communities
- Technology labs and computers in all classes
- School partners: Boston Police Department GREAT program, City Stage Company, Harvard Medical School, Home for Little Wanderers, America SCORES Boston soccer, Northeastern University Sport in Society, Play Ball! Foundation, The Boston Celtics, and Thompson Island Outward Bound.
- This school is a member of the Boston Inclusive Schools Network.
The network links together the BPS schools offering and developing expanded inclusive opportunities for students with disabilities with technical assistance and support from Urban Special Education Leadership Collaborative at Education Development Center in Waltham.