Friday, May 24, 2013
Quincy Upper School
152 Arlington StreetBoston, MA 02116
Quincy Elementary School students are guaranteed admission to grade 6.
- A pilot school that builds on the Quincy Elementary School program to create a rich, challenging, seamless K-12 educational program
- Four conceptual educational pavilions: Information for science, math, and technology; Cultural for developing historical and cultural sensitivities; Pathfinding for exploring 21st century issues and encouraging individual expression through art, music, and physical education; and Renewal for mental, physical and emotional health
- International Baccalaureate programs, an academically rigorous curriculum available in select schools around the world
- Teacher involvement in decision-making
- Teachers as instructional and operational leaders and peer mentors
- Weekly professional development
- Longer school day
- Many school partners: Big Brother & Big Sister, Boston Partners in Education, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University, Community Music Center, University of Vermont, Wang Chinatown YMCA, Berklee College of Music, and State Street Bank.
BPS Report on Teaching & Learning (School Report Card):