Our children flourish because we have developed a Student Success Team model where we focus on the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of the Whole Child. Our Student Success Team includes educators, advocates, specialists, parents, and community partners who are committed to cultivating resources and interventions to support our children.
Historically the Michael J. Perkins School has established itself as the cream of the crop because of our focus on excellent teaching as well as family and community partnerships. With the school staff, every family, and every community partner committed to extending the learning beyond the school doors, our children have a chance to rise to their greatest potential.
- We enhance our students’ academic genius potential with studies in technology, literacy, oceanography, animal studies, number sense, algebraic reasoning, geometry, government and civics, arts, reader’s theater, poetry, music, physical education, and more.
- We prepare our students to be great citizens with our exclusive “Fill the Bucket” program.
- We strengthen student leadership via our Michael J. Perkins Student Council, Brothers of Distinction Boys’ Group, Michael J. Perkins Girls’ Group, and Perkins Pride Ambassadors Program.
- We empower parents with education, leadership, and advocacy workshops through Parent University.
- We established our school as “Wellness Champions” and a “Top Notch Green School” with our recycling program.
- We elevate our children’s ability to succeed with programs such as BOKS before school fitness, Big Brother, Big Sister mentoring, Boston Partners in Education, potluck literacy nights, Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) book celebrations, and more
- * K-12 Pathway: Guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Dearborn STEM Academy (science/technology/engineering/math) school for grades 6-12.