Monday, December 9, 2013
Otis Elementary School
218 Marion StreetEast Boston, MA 02128
- Opportunity and guidance for all students to develop the academic and thinking skills so they can successfully compete in the future
- Full-time Family and Community Outreach Coordinator who helps families connect with the school and community
- Diverse, multilingual staff that reflects the student population
- Multilingual program for English language learners
- Highest percentage of parents attending Boston Public Schools Parent University
- Specialist teachers for art, music, drama and computer
- Grade 5 presentation of the musical “Oliver!”
- Strong parent involvement, with programs such as our weekly Parent Breakfast Workshop
- Technology Goes Home @ School: parents and their children take three weeks of computer classes together and can by a netbook computer at 0% interest.
- Active Parent Council, with representatives on our School Site Council
- YMCA Family School program, offering parents after school ESL classes and workshops on school-based academic programs
- School partners: Boston College, Boston YMCA, East Boston Community Health Center, Arbor Counseling Services, and Northeastern University.