Mozart Elementary School
Mozart students are ROCK stars. They are Respectful, Open, Cooperative, and Kind. The Mozart is a small and welcoming school in Roslindale. It is small enough that teachers get to know every student in the building and students feel as though everyone is looking out for them. Staff work with each other and outside resources to differentiate instruction so they can meet the needs of a diverse population of student learners.
True to its name, the Mozart offers music classes for every student and instrumental lessons for every student in 3rd through 5th grades. The school has a program for students with autism from K0 through 5th grade and offers tutoring and counseling for students who need those supports.
We challenge and support all students to think critically, embrace challenge, and contribute positively to our community. Academic, artistic, social-emotional, and physical learning are essential aspects of the education all students deserve.
• We are Mozart ROCK Stars! Our core values are: Respect, Openness, Cooperation, and Kindness
• Highly effective program for students with autism
• On-site before and after school programming for students in K1 through 5th grade
• Technology instruction is embedded in 1st-5th grade classrooms - two full laptop carts are available to teachers
• Science, physical education, art, music and library specialty classes
• Semi-private flute, clarinet, trumpet and violin lessons for students in grades 3-5 through our partnership with Making Music Matters!
• NAEYC accredited Early Childhood program
• Active and diverse School Parent Council
• Beautiful facility includes an outdoor classroom frequented by science classes and a renovated playground
• Counseling and tutoring through partnerships with the Boston Institute for Psychotherapy and the Jewish Coalition for Literacy
• Enrichment opportunities through partnerships with BOKS, the Eliot School, and Read Boston
• Experienced and devoted staff with very low turnover
* K-8 Pathway: Guaranteed assignment to the Irving Middle School grade 6.
Special academic programs:
• Special Education: autism program for K0-grade 5
• The Eliot School (visual arts), BOKS before school physical activity program, Boston Institute for Psychotherapy (counseling), Curry College (student teachers), Making Music Matters (instrumental music), Read Boston (Home Reading & RIF Programs), and The Jewish Coalition for Literacy (tutoring).
Before and after school programs in our building:
• Before school: Drop-in program; fee based, rates vary. BOKS physical activity before school program, a free, 11-week program offered in fall and spring sponsored by Reebok
• After school, 3:30-6:00 pm: run by the West Roxbury YMCA