The Mozart School educates about 175 students each year, boasts some of the finest teachers around, has a state-of-the-art playground and outdoor classroom, and convenes one of the most dynamic and productive parent councils this side of Jamaica Plain. We are a small school where everyone knows everyone. Because of that, we operate with the belief that every adult is responsible for the success of every child.
We partner with many organizations in the area to make sure that, despite our small size, we are able to offer students what they need to be successful and enriched. These partnerships help us deepen our work in the arts, enable intervention supports and counseling for students who need them, connect us to the broader community, and ensure that we keep our students active.
We love the opportunity to talk with prospective families about our vibrant and diverse community. Please come to one of our Showcase sessions or contact the principal to schedule a visit.
What makes our school special:
• The Mozart advances all students towards proficiency in a warm and nurturing environment
• Special education services for students with autism
• Home reading and Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) programs sponsored by ReadBoston
• Computers in every classroom, including a mobile laptop station
• Science, physical education, art and music specialty classes
• Semi-private flute, clarinet, trumpet and violin lessons for students in grades 3-5
• School library staffed by librarian
• Active School Parent Council
• Safe, clean, respectful, nurturing learning environment for all students
• Renovated outdoor classroom and playground equipment
* K-8 Pathway: Mozart 5th graders are guaranteed assignment to the Irving Middle School grade 6.
Special academic programs:
• Special Education: autism program for K0-grade 5
• The Eliot School (crafts and fine arts), BOKS before school physical activity program, Boston Institute for Psychotherapy (counseling), Curry College (student teachers), Making Music Matters (instrumental music), NAEYC kindergarten accreditation, Read Boston (Home Reading & RIF Programs), Roslindale Parade Committee (float sponsor), The Jewish Coalition for Literacy (tutoring), Arnold Arboretum
Before and after school programs in our building:
• Before school: Drop-in program; fee based, rates vary. BOKS physical activity before school program, a free, 11-week program offered in fall and spring sponsored by Reebok
• After school, 3:30-6:00 pm: provided by the West Roxbury YMCA, located at the Conley Elementary School at 450 Poplar St., Roslindale, on a sliding fee scale, as well as the Roslindale Community Center located in Roslindale Square. Art at the Mozart after school program, sponsored by the Eliot School (Jamaica Plain); 1 day per week for 10 week sessions; 3 sessions are offered throughout the year; small fee per session.