Read Boston and Celtics Read to Achieve support our home reading literacy efforts by providing reading materials and activities. We have a special partnership with City Year to support our students in grades 3-5. City Year also supports our family and community efforts.
• Focused interventions for reading and math proficiency for 30 minutes each day
• Parent Center, an active School Parent Council and School Site Council, and parent volunteers
• School library with a media center
• Internet access throughout the school
• Theatre arts, music, dance, and visual arts program
• Focus on social and emotional learning
• Weekly gym classes , plus adaptive physical education and swimming classes
• Organized recess with Playworks as well as regular classroom cooperative learning games
• Purple Star behavior management system, providing incentives to encourage positive behavior
• Facilities: library, playground, athletic field, pool, computer lab, art room, gymnasium
* K-8 Pathway: Guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Mildred Avenue School.
• Mattahunt Community Center, BELL Foundation, Reebok, City Year, Boston Celtics, Colorado Street Citizen Group, Mattapan Community Heath Center, Mattapan Library, Student Conservation Association (SCA), Wheelock College Partnership, Wheelock Family Theatre, Wheelock Upward Bound/Eagle Program, Boston Police Department, and Playworks Boston
• Before school: Program with City Year and Reebok BOKS fitness.
• After school: BELL Foundation tutoring, PACE (Partnerships, Academics, Community, Excellence), and Mattahunt Community Center (a Mattahunt/Wheelock partnership)