Marshall Elementary School
- Family model school for K1–grade 5
- After school enrichment program from 1:30 to 6:00 pm for students in K1–grade 5
- Family events and a full-time Family & Community Outreach Coordinator
- Therapeutic services
- Athletic programs
- Children’s and Faculty Chorus
- Brand new, well-stocked library
- African dance for students in grade 5
- Mandatory uniform policy
- School partners: Children’s Hospital, Friends of the Children, Generations, Inc., Tufts University, America SCORES Boston soccer and writing, ReadBoston, and UMass Boston Project Alerta.
Important update, November, 2012: The Boston School Committee has approved a transition that would transform the Marshall to UP Academy Charter School of Dorchester beginning in the fall of 2013. The new program would feature a longer school day, among many other changes to boost student achievement. All current Marshall students would be able to remain in the new school, and incoming students would participate in a lottery process that is in addition to the BPS school choice system. This proposal is awaiting approval by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.