Lee K-8 School
To celebrate Black History Month 2012, Lee Elementary students used 13,000 pieces of construction paper to create this 17-foot-long mural. Students Autism Spectrum Disorders in grades two through five worked together to create this masterpiece!
Lee School offers K0-grade 8 in 2013-2014. Lee Academy students are guaranteed admission to Lee School.
- AVID program for grades 4-6 to encourage students to aim for college
- A literacy book room, literacy tutors, and a home-school reading partnership to build our students’ reading skills
- Art, music, computer, physical education, science classes, living library, swimming, field trips, and swim team
- Tutoring available before and after school; Saturday MCAS tutoring also available
- Peer Buddies and other programs to promote inclusion of all students
- Recipient of State of Massachusetts Commendation for academic achievement
- Advanced Work Class for eligible students in grades 4-6
- Encourages parental involvement and a strong home-school learning partnership, with support from our School Parent Center Health and violence prevention programs, active Student Support Team, and on-site counseling
- Departmentalized middle school prep program for our grades 4 and 5 students
- Programs with UMass Boston, Dorchester Family School Initiative, and Dotwell Student teachers from UMass and Wheelock College.