Lee K-8 School
The Joseph Lee School community continuously works towards creating an environment of high performance standards and expectations for all students. We believe this model encourages organization, college readiness, and higher academic achievement.
As an AVID school that departmentalizes teaching, we believe every student will attend college. Our program fosters responsibility, college readiness skills, and a respectful atmosphere. We are committed to helping each student reach his/her academic potential.
All students may enjoy our out-of-school-time program with both academic and arts enrichment. During this time they receive an additional academic course as well as enrichment with Boston-based partners. This is tailored to meet all student populations.
What makes our school special:
- Dynamic and varied out-of-school-time programming
- Peer Buddies and other programs to promote inclusion of all
- Recipient of State of Massachusetts Commendation for academic
- Art program, music, computer, and physical education
- Programs with UMass Boston
and Wheelock College
- Student teachers from UMass, Simmons and Wheelock
- A School Parent Group that encourages parental involvement and a
strong home-school learning partnership.
- Facilities: auditorium, library, pool, gymnasium, playground, outdoor
classroom, athletic field, art room, sensory room, science and computer labs, cafeteria
Special academic programs:
- Advanced Work Class for eligible students in grade 4, 5 and 6
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) college
- Specialized program for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder – 17 classrooms
- Children's Hospital, Codman Square Health Center, Boston District Attorney's Office, Anthony Perkins Community Center, Open Circle, Home for Little Wanderers, South Bay, Smart Smiles, Wheelock College, Simmons College, University of Massachusetts Boston.
After school programs in our building:
- K0-8 Out of school time programming - LEAP- 1:30 PM- 4:15 PM Monday - Friday
- Aftercare Program- 4:15 PM- 6:00 PM Monday - Friday
- Fees: LEAP $40/week; Aftercare $30/week
- Grades 1-8: Perkins Community Center (attached to the Joseph Lee)
- Fee: Please see the Perkins Community Center