Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Jackson/Mann K-8 School
40 Armington StreetAllston, MA 02134
- A caring community, as evidenced by achievement scores, nurturing and enriching school environment, and core curriculum
- Instructional focus on literacy, math, and closing the achievement gap
- Boston University siblings program
- Tutoring and small group work for students who need extra help from Boston College interns and in our after school program with Jackson/Mann Community Center
- Workshops for parents on school and child development issues developed by the staff, City Connects, and Leaders of Tomorrow
- Volunteer opportunities for parents
- College for Every Student program
- City Connects program and services co-sponsored by Boston Public Schools and Boston College
- Parent-teacher conferences and ongoing telephone contact between home and school
- School partners: Big Brother & Big Sister, Boston College School of Education, City Connects, Boston University Wizards, Boston University School of Education Consortium, Caritas St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, Franciscan Children’s Hospital, Jackson/Mann Community Center, Leaders of Tomorrow Inc., West End House Boys and Girls Club, and Museum of Fine Arts.
Note: The school hours for the 2012-2013 are 9:25 am-3:25 pm.
BPS Report on Teaching & Learning (School Report Card):