Jackson/Mann K-8 School
The Jackson/Mann K-8 School community is reflective of the Boston Public Schools and the City of Boston: we are Unique Yet United! We are a caring community, as evidenced by achievement scores, our nurturing and enriching school environment, and core curriculum.
The Jackson/Mann uses a range of social emotional supports to assist children in their development. Included are the wellness project, running and walking clubs, and mental health services. We welcome students from all over and have a sheltered English instruction (SEI) program K2-8th grades. We are a special education inclusion school, and we have a successful autistic program. We also have many fabulous partnerships with universities and other agencies. We are Unique Yet United!
What makes our school special:
• A caring community with a nurturing and enriching environment and strong core curriculum
• Instructional focus on literacy, math, and closing the achievement gap
• Boston University Siblings Program
• Tutoring and small group work from Boston College interns and in our after school program with Jackson/Mann Community Center for students who need extra help
• Workshops for parents on school and child development issues developed by the staff, City Connects, and Leaders of Tomorrow
• College for Every Student program
• City Connects program and services co-sponsored by Boston Public Schools and Boston College
• Parent–teacher conferences and ongoing telephone contact between home and school
• Free before-school program.
Special academic programs:
• Advanced Work Class for eligible students in grades 4-6
• Special education inclusion school
• Autism program for K0-grade 8
• Multilingual Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) for K2-grade 8
• Berklee College of Music, Big Brother Big Sister, Boston College and Boston Connects, Boston University School of Education, College for Every Student, Franciscan Children’s Hospital, Harvard University, Jackson/Mann Community Center, Steppingstone, Tenacity, and West End House Boys & Girls Club
Before and after school programs in our building:
• Before school, from 7:30 am: staffed by Jackson/Mann teachers and paraprofessionals with assistance and program support from West End House, Berklee College of Music, BC and BU tutors, SCORES soccer, and Harvard University Smart Talk academic program. Free.
• After school: partnerships and support from Jackson/Mann Community Center, Boston College (autistic program), Tenacity, West End House, ISEE prep, and College Success Academy (a Steppingstone program).