We provide music, art, swimming, physical education, a school-based therapy program, and a full time social worker. All students receive technology instruction once a week.
The Holland School runs after-school programs, including academic after school tutoring and MCAS support. Diamond Educators Mentoring Program for grades 3 to 5 meets monthly on Saturday afternoons. We also have a daily character education program and mentor program.
• Daily character education program: Working Hard to Get Smarter
• Teacher specialization in math and reading in grade 5; plus math specialists on staff
• Two computer labs, one supporting the TERC Investigations math and one that supports classroom online assessments in Reading Street literacy as well as TERC
• Family engagement events: Family Unity Dinner, Game Night, Family Heritage Night, Math & Literacy Instructional Night
• School-based therapy programs with a full time social worker.
• Olympic-size swimming pool with full swimming program, plus a gymnasium, playground and outdoor classroom
• Fine arts program: art and Boston Ballet
• Open Circle classroom community building and positive behavior reinforcement
• Real Men Read Program: Men from the community come in to read in our classrooms to help promote literacy
* K-8 Pathway: Holland 5th graders are guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Frederick Middle School.
• Special education classes and programs for English language learners
• Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) programs in Spanish and Vietnamese
• ABCD Foster Grandparents, Achievement Network, City Connects, City Year, Connecting with Care-counseling, Diamond Educators Mentoring, 10 Boys Initiative, Smart Smiles Dental Program, Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Program, Teach Plus.
• After School: City Year, Monday-Thursday; Holland Community School, Monday-Friday; 5 STAR Leadership Initiative.