Our school embraces a spirit of diversity, collaboration, and hard work. We are committed to our students’ personal and academic achievement, and empower them through the Leader in Me program based on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey.
We believe that our families are critical partners with the expertise, capabilities, vision, and enthusiasm to ensure the educational success of our students.
We offer after school care on the premises in partnership with the YMCA.
We have a full time Family Community Outreach Coordinator (FCOC) to engage families and the community.
What makes our school special:
• A school that celebrates diversity, holds high expectations, and embraces the belief that all students can achieve academic success
• Reading Street curriculum, TERC Investigation Math, science, social studies, art, music, dance and physical education
• Comprehensive after school program from 2:30- 6:00 pm in partnership with the East Boston YMCA
• An award-winning staff, including Educator of the Year (2008); Milken National Teacher Award (2006); Teacher of the Year in Bilingual Education, and Nationally Board Certified Teacher (2009)
• Strong parental engagement, including monthly Welcome Breakfast, Math Night, and International Night
• On-site counseling for students
• Leader In Me program based on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
• School partners: East Boston Collaborative, East Boston Neighborhood Health Center, East Boston YMCA, I Am a Leader Foundation, New England Aquarium, and Playworks
* K-8 Pathway: Guild 5th graders are guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Edwards Middle School or Umana Academy.
Special academic programs:
• Excellent instruction for English language learners taught by staff certified in ESL
• A Primary Transitional Class (grades K-2), a Language Learning Disability classroom for grades 1-5 and a SIFE (Student with Interrupted Formal Education) classroom for grades 4 and 5.
• East Boston Collaborative, East Boston Neighborhood Health Center, East Boston YMCA, I Am a Leader Foundation, New England Aquarium, Playworks, The Leader in Me, Boston Institute for Psycho-therapy, Massachusetts Cultural Council, The Farm School
Before and after school programs in our building:
• Before school, from 7:10 am: Guild Alligators program for students in K-grade 5 with homework help• After school, 2:30-6:00 pm: In partnership with the East Boston YMCA; tutoring and enrichment opportunities