Guild Elementary School
The Curtis Guild School embraces a spirit of diversity, collaboration, and hard work. We are committed to our students’ personal and academic achievement.
Our staff is caring and committed to the success of every student and embodies a spirit of community and teamwork. Guild students are happy and thoughtful students who are engaged in our rigorous curriculum. Teachers are supportive, hardworking, and knowledgeable.
- A school that celebrates diversity, holds high expectations, and embraces the belief that all students can achieve academic success
- Expeditionary Learning and Reading Street curriculum, TERC Investigation math, science, social studies, art, music, theater, and physical education.
- An award-winning staff, including Educator of the Year (2008); Milken National Teacher Award (2006); Teacher of the Year in Bilingual Education, and Nationally Board Certified Teacher (2009)
- Strong parental engagement, including monthly “Coffee Hours” with principal and teachers, Math Night, and International Night
- On-site counseling for students
Special academic programs:
- Guaranteed assignment to the Edwards Middle School or Umana Academy.
- Excellent instruction for English language learners taught by highly qualified teachers, including Spanish Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) in grades K1-5 and a Students with Interrupted Formal Education (SIFE) program in grades 4 and 5
- Specialized strand for students with disabilities
Before and after school programs in our building:
- Harvard University, YMCA, Read Boston, The Achievement Network, The Farm School, New England Aquarium, Playworks, Boston Institute for Psychotherapy
- Before school, from 7:10 am: Guild Gators for students in K-grade 5 with homework help and movement/physical education
- After school, to 6:00 pm: In partnership with the East Boston YMCA; tutoring and enrichment opportunities