Our school embraces a spirit of diversity, collaboration, and hard work. We are committed to our students’ personal and academic achievement, and empower them through the Leader in Me program based on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey.
We offer after school care on the premises in partnership with the YMCA.
We have a full time Family Community Outreach Coordinator (FCOC) to engage families and the community.
What makes our school special:
• A school that celebrates diversity, holds high expectations, and embraces the belief that all students can achieve academic success
• Reading Street curriculum, TERC Investigation Math, science, social studies, art, music, dance and physical education
• Comprehensive after school program from 2:30- 6:00 pm in partnership with the East Boston YMCA
• An award-winning staff, including Educator of the Year (2008); Milken National Teacher Award (2006); Teacher of the Year in Bilingual Education, and Nationally Board Certified Teacher (2009)
• Strong parental engagement, including monthly Welcome Breakfast, Math Night, and International Night
• On-site counseling for students
• Leader In Me program based on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
• School partners: East Boston Collaborative, East Boston Neighborhood Health Center, East Boston YMCA, I Am a Leader Foundation, New England Aquarium, and Playworks
* K-8 Pathway: Guild 5th graders are guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Edwards Middle School or Umana Academy.
Special academic programs:
• Excellent instruction for English language learners taught by staff certified in ESL
• A Primary Transitional Class (grades K-2), a Language Learning Disability classroom for grades 1-5 and a SIFE (Student with Interrupted Formal Education) classroom for grades 4 and 5.
• East Boston Collaborative, East Boston Neighborhood Health Center, East Boston YMCA, I Am a Leader Foundation, New England Aquarium, Playworks, The Leader in Me, Boston Institute for Psycho-therapy, Massachusetts Cultural Council, The Farm School
Before and after school programs in our building:
• Before school, from 7:10 am: Guild Alligators program for students in K-grade 5 with homework help• After school, 2:30-6:00 pm: In partnership with the East Boston YMCA; tutoring and enrichment opportunities