Friday, December 6, 2013
Greenwood (Sarah) K-8 School
186 Glenway StreetDorchester, MA 02121
- A “dual language” school, offering students the opportunity to learn in Spanish and English
- Engineering and robotics-based learning
- Data-driven instruction
- Student Support Team
- Extended-day programs for students in need
- Winner of the first EdVestors/Thomas W. Payzant “School on the Move” Prize, 2006
- ASSIST Community Service and Stay in School program with the Boston Celtics
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Jump Up and Go!
- Program Winner of a Jordan Fundamentals Grant from Nike, recognizing outstanding teaching and instructional creativity in public secondary schools that serve low-income students
- School partners: Center for Collaborative Education, Discovering Justice (Moakley Courthouse), Franciscan Hospital, Boston Schoolyard Initiative, Tufts University, UMass Boston.
BPS Report on Teaching & Learning (School Report Card):