Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Gardner Pilot Academy
30 Athol StreetAllston, MA 02134
- A pilot school, part of a network of innovative schools that are free from teachers’ union and BPS work rules
- A “full service” school, with family support, a full-time counselor and nurse, and adult education
- High quality after school program integrating academics, homework support, and recreational enrichment
- Two state-of-the-art science laboratories and an extensive outdoor science classroom
- Full-time curriculum and assessment coordinator
- Advanced curriculum opportunities for our student body embedded into the school day
- Bilingual Spanish outreach to connect to our diverse student body
- Physical education at Boston University
- Friday Enrichment Program, providing high quality art and physical education courses to our students by community experts
- School partners: Boston College, Brighton-Allston Mental Health Association, Harvard University, and the Central YMCA.
- This school is a member of the Boston Inclusive Schools Network.
The network links together the BPS schools offering and developing expanded inclusive opportunities for students with disabilities with technical assistance and support from Urban Special Education Leadership Collaborative at Education Development Center in Waltham.
Gardner Pilot Academy will offer a 6th grade in the Fall of 2012 and expand to a full K-8 program over the next three years.