We are the only K-8 Innovation school in Boston. Our school is located in the heart of the North End along the Freedom Trail. We offer an enrichment (advanced)class for students in grades 4-8 in English language arts and math. University of Massachusetts Boston provides year-long interns to our classrooms. We have established a new partnership with City Connects to link school and families with community resources and provide students with an onsite guidance counselor. Our Italian language program, partnered through CASIT, is offered to all grade levels, including daily instruction in our middle school.
The Eliot Innovation School embraces a culture of high achievement. Teachers, students and families are partners in the learning and teaching journey. Our rigorous instruction provides opportunities for students to reach proficiency and advanced levels of achievement. Our faculty is involved in schoolwide and citywide professional development that supports social studies, science, math and literacy initiatives. In addition to required professional development, teachers and administration engage in specific training that addresses our school population’s unique needs.
What makes our school special:
• Only K-8 Innovation School in Boston
• Science partnership with New England Aquarium
• Technology instruction with SMART Boards
• Tech Goes Home; computer classes for families with the opportunity to buy a refurbished computer at very low cost
• A Massachusetts Commendation School, 2010, 2011, 2012
• Located in a neighborhood rich in history and culture
• Highest MCAS scores in math and ELA among K-8 schools in Boston
• Caring, committed and collaborative faculty, students, families and community
• Dynamic theatre program, art studio, and music program
• City Connects on-site guidance counselor
• Member of the Boston Urban Debate League
• Facilities: playground, athletic field, science and computer labs, cafeteria
Special academic programs:
• Advanced classes for eligible students in grades 4-8
• Inclusion model for speech and language program
• Italian language program
• Artists for Humanity; CASIT Italian Language Program; Nazarro Community Center; New England Aquarium; The North Bennet Street School; North End Music and Performing Arts Center; North End/ Waterfront Community Health Center; Suffolk University; UMass Boston Teach Next Year Program
Before and after school programs in our building:
• Before school: School opens at 8:10 am for breakfast and community gathering• After school: Champions after school program, 3:30-6:00 pm; tutoring for ISEE (exam school entrance test); debate. Please call the school for more information.