Eliot K-8 Innovation School
Located along the Freedom Trail in the heart of the North End, the Eliot is the only K-8 Innovation school in Boston. We are an inclusive community in which excellence is our choice for educating all of our students.
Through the hard work of our students, families, and staff, our school has achieved great academic success in recent years. In fact, we ranked near the top of the state in both ELA and Math MCAS at many grade levels last year -- including our 3rd, 7th, and 8th grade mathematicians and 6th grade ELA students who all ranked in the top 10 statewide.
In order to challenge our students with rigorous instruction, we offer an advanced/honors class in grades 4-8 in ELA and Math. Additionally, the Eliot offers a dynamic array of enriching specialties including Italian language instruction, theater, physical education, debate, art, technology, music, and new this year, robotics/engineering.
As an Extended Learning Time grantee, our students participate in three-week long, daily Enrichment Cycles (E-Cycles). These cycles are opportunities for students to dive deeply into a content area or receive extensive intervention & support by their content teachers. Through partnerships with UMass Boston, Emmanuel College, Suffolk University, Wellesley College, and Lesley University, the Eliot houses a team of resident teaching interns that support instruction in our classrooms. We also have established a partnership with City Connects and Boston College to link school and families with community resources and provide students with an onsite guidance counselor.
In the words of a current Eliot student, “The Eliot is hard to describe, it’s just great!”
Special academic programs:
- 2010, 2011, 2012 Massachusetts Commendation School
- Boston’s oldest continuously operating school (founded 1713)
- Caring, committed and collaborative faculty, students, families and community
- Advanced instruction in ELA and math for grades 4–8
- One of the only Boston public schools with a K-8 robotics & engineering program
- City Connects on-site school guidance counselor
- Italian language and culture program
- Woodworking and bookbinding program in collaboration with North Bennet Street School
- Global Premier Soccer program during recesses, and “movement breaks” for all students, K-8
- Advanced classes for eligible students in grades 4-8
- Inclusion model for speech and language program
- Italian language program
Before and after school programs in our building:
- C.A.S.It (Italian Consul), North End Community Health Center, Nazzaro Community Center, New England Aquarium, Artists for Humanity, Emmanuel College, UMass Boston, Wellesley College, Lesley University, Suffolk University, Old North Church, Paul Revere House, Boston Conservatory, City Connects (Boston College), U. S. Coast Guard
- Before school: School opens at 8:00 am for breakfast and community gathering before 8:20 am start to the instructional day
- After school: Champions after school program, 3:30-6:00 pm (fee; scholarships available); tutoring for ISEE (exam school entrance test); debate, theater. Please call the school for more information.