Thursday, December 5, 2013
18 Croftland AvenueDorchester, MA 02124
School Complex:Dorchester Education Complex
- A small school with a rigorous academic and college prep curriculum focused on business and entrepreneurialism
- Advanced Placement and Honors courses
- AVID, a program that motivates students to work hard and aim for college
- Opportunities for dual enrollment with UMass Boston, Bunker Hill Community College and Benjamin Franklin Institute
- Career internships with major corporations
- A Family and Student Engagement Center that supports families in navigating the school and the district offices, helps solve problems and advocate for families, and supports the development and implementation of school-based family engagement plans
- Boston Debate League
- Community service projects
- Many clubs and activities after school
- School partners: Bob’s Discount Furniture, Boston Private Industry Council, Boston Urban Debate League, Bunker Hill Community College, City Lights, Inc., Northeastern University, Sovereign Bank, TJX Companies Inc., Trefler Foundation, and UMass Boston.
- This school is a member of the Boston Inclusive Schools Network.
The network links together the BPS schools offering and developing expanded inclusive opportunities for students with disabilities with technical assistance and support from Urban Special Education Leadership Collaborative at Education Development Center in Waltham.
BPS Report on Teaching & Learning (School Report Card):