Paul A. Dever Elementary School is currently in its second year of Level 5 turnaround under the management of Blueprint Schools Network, a Massachusetts-based non-profit organization that works with schools around the country to support the implementation of five core research-based strategies for school improvement:
- Ensuring every student has an excellent teacher and a school leader committed to their success;
- Setting clear, consistent standards for academic achievement and establishing a school-wide focus on preparing all students for college;
- Increasing instructional time;
- Providing daily, small group tutoring and intervention to students using highly qualified and well-trained instructors; and
- Collecting assessment data frequently to monitor each student’s academic progress and tailor instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
Blueprint Schools Network will work to ensure these five core strategies are implemented faithfully, consistently and with high quality at the Dever in order to provide and excellent education to all students who attend.
The Dever serves families from diverse cultural, economic, and linguistic backgrounds. We believe all students deserve access to a world-class education that will allow them to excel in college, careers, and beyond. As part of our turnaround efforts, the Dever team is creating a safe, collaborative atmosphere where students, staff, parents, and the community are respected, appreciated, encouraged, and supported. We have a talented team of teachers and leaders who are committed to providing individualized supports to meet the diverse learning needs of our students. We maintain a culture of high expectations for academic excellence, and we aim to see all students reach their full potential.
What makes our school special:
- Spanish language and science classes available at every grade level
- 4th grade Math Fellows, allowing for small group tutoring and support
- Partnership with nearby Boys and Girls Club for after-school program
- Expanded learning time: our school day is 7:30-3:30
- Full time nursing services
- Partnership with several therapeutic programs, providing mental health counseling
- Welcoming bilingual environment
- Strong community connections with Harbor Point Development
- Universal free breakfast, lunch and snack program
Guaranteed assignment to the McCormack Middle School.
Special academic programs:
- Special education classroom in each grade
- Generations Inc, Playworks, UMass Boston, Wediko’s Children’s Services, Home for Little Wanderers, Trinity Boston, Jumpstart, 3-Point Foundation, Boston Philharmonic, Big Sister
Before and after school programs in our building:
- Extended school day for all students from 7:30 to 3:30.