Friday, May 24, 2013
Dearborn Middle School
35 Greenville StreetRoxbury, MA 02119
- Advanced Work Class for eligible students in grade 6
- ISEE tutoring for the exam school entrance test for grades 6 and 8
- Extended school day
- Multi-media library and an Internet connection in every classroom
- Strong fine arts program
- Dearborn Boys and Girls Club, 2:40-5:30 pm, with a music studio, sports, homework help, arts and crafts, and field trips
- Mentoring and career awareness programs with FHO, Harvard University, Pine Manor College, Big Sisters, and Women and Youth Supporting Each Other (Harvard University)
- Family Nights focusing on BPS instructional strategies
- Student activities, including grade 8 trip to Washington D.C.
- Student success-centered advisory period
- Additional school partners: Boston Celtics, Boston Urban Youth Foundation, Boys and Girls Club College for Every Student, Fidelity Investments, Roxbury Presbyterian Church, Smiles Initiative, and South End Community Health.
- This school is a member of the Boston Inclusive Schools Network.
The network links together the BPS schools offering and developing expanded inclusive opportunities for students with disabilities with technical assistance and support from Urban Special Education Leadership Collaborative at Education Development Center in Waltham.
BPS Report on Teaching & Learning (School Report Card):