Condon Elementary School
Our mission is to help all students acquire the skills, knowledge and habits they need to reach proficiency and to succeed in high school, college, and a life of active citizenship in the neighborhoods of Boston and beyond. We aim to achieve this mission through rigorous academic programs which are differentiated for a range of learners, a comprehensive approach to the social-emotional needs of children, and enriching opportunities to engage in music, art, dance and swim.
Our teachers work collaboratively to plan and deliver effective instruction that is reflective of assessment data, the Common Core Standards and diverse student needs. An updated outdoor classroom, playground, before and after school programs and a bullying prevention program are just some of the offerings that enhance a safe and welcoming environment for all students and families.
We also work closely with partners to like Edvestors, City Year, The Achievement Network, Vertex, Reebok, Museum of Fine Arts, Cabot Corporation, Read to a Child, Harvard Civics Program, Boston Cares and Cabot Corporation. We will be expanding to include grade 6 in September 2015, grade 7 in September 2016, and grade 8 in September 2017.
• Very Special Arts/Chorus
• Before and after school programs
• Harvard civics program
• 10 Boys Initiative
• Bullying prevention program
• Reduced class size
• Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) book celebrations
• Multicultural assemblies and parent workshops
• Facilities: library, playground and outdoor classroom, athletic field, two computer labs and one mobile lab, pool, cafeteria, music and art rooms, gymnasium
Special academic programs:
• Early childhood
• Developmental day care
• Primary Transition Classes for children in K2 and grade 1 with special needs
• Special education: learning disabled (LD) classes
• Advanced Work Class for eligible students in grades 4 and 5
• Multilingual classes for English language learners
• Students with Interrupted Formal Education (SIFE) program
• EdVestors, Fit Girls/ BOKS, Jewish Coalition for Literacy/Book Pals, Labouré Center, Museum of Fine Arts, Power Lunch mentoring program, South Boston Boys and Girls Club /City Year, Sparks Program, BOKS fitness, UMass Boston, Harvard University, VSA Massachusetts (Very Special Arts)
Before and after school programs in our building:
• Extended day to 4:15 Monday-Thursday for all students, with academic enrichment and challenging activities provided by our teachers and school partners