Community Academy of Science and Health
Please note the school's new location as of September 2011 at the Cleveland Building, 11 Charles St., Dorchester, just across from the Fields Corner MBTA stop on the Red Line.
- A small, college preparatory high school with a personalized environment focused on science and health
- Highly qualified staff committed to all students learning at higher levels
- Internships, school-to-career opportunities, and dual enrollment in local colleges
- School-based college fairs and visits to local colleges that emphasize science and health careers paths
- Family Center coordinator who facilitates the Parent Council and Haitian Creole parent meetings
- Technology Goes Home @ School: students and parents take computer classes together and may receive a no-interest loan to buy a computer
- 57-minute instructional blocks in all subjects
- Five Advanced Placement (AP) courses
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) college awareness and motivational program
- Many “extras,” including health and wellness seminars, sports and athletic programs, and extended day academic enrichment
- Support from a Science and Health student engagement director
- School partners: Boston Public Health Commission, Boston University School of Public Health, Harvard
- School of Public Health, TERI College Planning, Generation Citizens, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Peer Health Exchange, Roxbury Community College, Mattapan Community Health Center, and UMass Boston.