The Chittick School is a small school that provides a safe, nurturing, academically challenging environment. We empower all of our children to believe and achieve. We offer physical education, technology and visual arts to all of our children. We have a 2-hour literacy block and a 90 minute math block. We have a bookstore every Thursday morning for our students to buy books, and we offer workshops for helping parents with reading at home.
Everyone at the Chittick is committed to working with students and parents to achieve high academic success. Our focus is to develop our students’ reading, writing and math skills. Our teachers are involved in professional development programs to increase and expand their instructional practices in literacy and math.
We have a beautiful new playground and outdoor classroom that our students enjoy daily. We have a physical education teacher and a Wellness Council that promotes opportunities for kids to be physically active and fit.
Our school has a brand new computer lab and all classrooms have 2-4 computers.
What makes our school special:
• Small school with a warm, nurturing atmosphere that provides an academically challenging environment, empowering all children to believe, achieve and succeed
• Bookstore every Thursday for our students to purchase books for home reading.
• Second Step, a program that helps students develop strategies for conflict resolution
• Strong Parent Council
• Monthly newsletters and student planners to help keep parents informed about classroom and schoolwide activities
• Brand new computer lab, music specialist, physical education specialist, and visual arts program
• Playworks program to encourage safe, healthy play time
• Tech Goes Home program: families take computer classes together and may buy a refurbished computer at very low cost at the end of the program
• Facilities: auditorium, library, playground, outdoor classroom, computer lab, cafeteria
* K-8 Pathway: Chittick 5th graders are guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Rogers Middle School.
Special academic programs:
• Specialized program for autistic students
• BOKS (Building Our Kids’ Success), Celebrity Series of Boston - Arts for All!, Harvard University, MusiConnects, Playworks, Read Boston, the Home for Little Wanderers, and Tufts University
Before and after school programs in our building:
• No before or after school programs