Everyone at the Chittick is committed to working with students and parents to achieve high academic success. Our focus is to develop our students’ reading, writing and math skills. Our teachers are involved in professional development programs to increase and expand their instructional practices in literacy and math.
We have a beautiful new playground and outdoor classroom that our students enjoy daily. We have a physical education teacher and a Wellness Council that promotes opportunities for kids to be physically active and fit. Our school has a new computer lab and three mobile laptop carts.
• Small school with a warm, nurturing atmosphere that provides an academically challenging environment, empowering all children to believe, achieve and succeed
• Bookstore every Thursday for our students to purchase books for home reading.
• Second Step, a program that helps students develop strategies for conflict resolution
• Strong Parent Council
• Monthly newsletters and student planners to help keep parents informed about classroom and schoolwide activities
• New computer lab, music specialist, physical education specialist, and visual arts program
• Tech Goes Home program: families take computer classes together and may buy a refurbished computer at very low cost at the end of the program
• Facilities: auditorium, library, playground, outdoor classroom, computer lab, cafeteria
* K-8 Pathway: Guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Rogers Middle School.
• BOKS (Building Our Kids’ Success), Boston University, Boston Nature Center, Celebrity Series of Boston Arts for All!, Harvard University, MusiConnects, CityConnects, Read Boston, the Home for Little Wanderers, and Tufts University