The Bradley School has a computer network in every classroom and a full computer lab. Instruction for English language learners and special education students is provided in an inclusion model: all students learn together with the individual support they need to succeed.
Our school instituted a writing project that connects outdoor classroom experiences to in school writing instruction.
All staff are continually participating in on-going professional development. Several teachers coordinate professional development opportunities with school partners (New England Aquarium, Boston Ballet, Children’s Museum, Museum of Science, and New England Conservatory) to bring programs to the classroom and attend field trips offered by these partners. This year we have a movement and dance program.
We have a Student Support Team to address any issues or concerns our staff may have about a student’s performance or behavior.
We also offer the BOKS before-school fitness program two days per week, funded by a three-year grant from Reebok. There are several academic and recreational programs available in the East Boston area for students to attend after school.
What makes our school special:
• Computer network in every classroom, and a full computer lab with newly purchased computers
• Science and computer specialists
• Boston Ballet program for grade 3 students
• Movement and dance program
• Read-alouds in all classes through the Reading Is Fundamental program
• Participation in Outdoor Writing project to develop units of study that connect our outdoor classroom with indoor classrooms
• Access to community-based after school academic and recreational programs
• School Parent Council and School Site Council that actively support teaching and learning
* K-8 Pathway: Bradley 5th graders are guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Edwards Middle School or Umana Academy.
Special academic programs:
• Advanced Work Class (AWC) for eligible students in grades 4 and 5 with Japanese language program
• Early childhood program for students in K0 and K1 with special needs
• Inclusive instruction for students with disabilities and English language learners
• Boston Ballet, Boston Symphony Orchestra, New England Aquarium, Radio Disney, Reading Is Fundamental, Reebok, Dance and Movement program, Grade 2 Science Museum Workshop
Before and after school programs in our building:
• Before school: Reebok BOK fitness program for 40 students; admission by lottery.
• Six Saturday MCAS prep classes prior to students taking the state exam.