Saturday, December 7, 2013
Boston Community Leadership Academy
655 Metropolitan AvenueHyde Park, MA 02136
- A pilot school with a college preparatory curriculum and community leadership theme
- Small class size and longer school day
- Academic requirements for all students: exhibitions, portfolio presentations, and structured community service learning through a Senior Capstone Project
- Classes in drama, visual arts, screen writing, engineering, Facing History and Ourselves, world languages, and arts
- AP courses: English composition, calculus, and chemistry
- Personalized education, including advisory program and learning support team
- Aim High tutoring program with Boston Partners in Education
- After school programs for grade 9–12, including tutoring, sports, and clubs
- On-site health center open for students and their families
- Parent Support Coordinator who assists parents in the admission process, Open House, teacher conferences, support meetings, college and MCAS workshops
- School partners: Boston College, Boston Partners in Education, and Harvard University.
- Special admission process: Call the school to schedule a tour and/or interview.
BPS Report on Teaching & Learning (School Report Card):