Thursday, May 23, 2013
Boston Arts Academy
174 Ipswich StreetBoston, MA 02215
- A collaborative project of the Boston Public Schools and the Professional Arts Consortium: Berklee College of Music, Boston Architectural College, The Boston Conservatory, Emerson College, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts
- High-level training for students in dance, music, theater, or visual arts in the context of a college preparatory curriculum
- Individualized attention for each student by our experienced, award winning staff
- PSAT and SAT test prep classes
- Success after graduation: 94% of graduates go to college
- A full-inclusion high school, offering comprehensive services to deaf and hard of hearing students and students with special needs
- Dual enrollment available in partner colleges
- Summer arts scholarships available
- Strong, supportive student community
- Partnerships with other institutions such as the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Museum of Fine Arts, and others that provide resources and opportunities to our students
- This school is a member of the Boston Inclusive Schools Network.
The network links together the BPS schools offering and developing expanded inclusive opportunities for students with disabilities with technical assistance and support from Urban Special Education Leadership Collaborative at Education Development Center in Waltham.
- Special admission process, including an audition or presentation component
- Application available online: www.bostonartsacademy.org.
BPS Report on Teaching & Learning (School Report Card):