Blackstone Innovation School
At the Blackstone Innovation School, we empower each other to learn, grow, succeed and become our best selves. Working together, we foster the core values that lie within us; respect, unity, and excellence!
Underpinning this mission is our school principle of “Ubuntu”: We are who we are because of each other and our core values of respect, unity and excellence.
What Makes Our School Special
- City Year, Generations, Inc. and Boston Partners in Education providing in-class support
- Berklee College of Music instrumental program for students in grades 4-5
- NAEYC accredited early childhood education programs for students aged 3-5
- Physical education, swimming, art, social studies, music, and technology
- State-of-the-art, school-based health clinic: Dr. Gerald Hass-South End Community Health Center
- Power Lunch, Big Brother/Sister and City Year mentoring programs
- Several academic and enrichment afterschool programs
- Technology Goes Home for grades 4–5: parents and students take classes and earn a laptop upon completion
- Quarterly family nights with various themes: academic night, multicultural dinner, wellness night
- Counseling for students and families through the on-site South End Community Health Center
- Home visits to build relationships with families and students
- English as a Second Language and classes for our parents to stay involved
- Guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Timilty Middle School.
Special academic programs:
- Integrated early childhood, K0-K2 (ages 3-5)
- Berklee College of Music, Big Brother/Big Sister Associations, Boston Partners in Education, City Year, Generations, Playworks, Blackstone Community Center, South End Community Health Center, St Stephen’s Episcopal Church, IBA Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción
Before and after school programs in our building:
- Before school: Mon.-Fri., 7:15-8:15; $5 per day
- After school: City Year Starfish Program, grades 3-5, Monday-Thursday, free; IBA after school program, grades 1-2 English language learner (ELL) students, Monday-Friday, free; Imajine That after school program, for students in K0/K1/K2, Monday-Friday