At the Blackstone Innovation School, we empower each other to learn, grow, succeed and become our best selves. Working together, we foster the core values that lie within us; respect, unity, and excellence!
Underpinning this mission is our school principle of “Ubuntu”: We are who we are because of each other and our core values of respect, unity, and excellence.
What Makes Our School Special
- City Year, Generations, Inc., Boston Partners in Education and St.Stephen's providing in-class support.
- NAEYC accredited early childhood education programs for students aged 3-5
- Physical education, health classes, swimming, yoga, art, social studies, music, and technology
- State-of-the-art, school-based health center: Dr. Gerald Hass-South End Community Health Center
- Power Lunch, Big Brother/Big Sister and City Year mentoring programs
- Several academic and enrichment afterschool programs
- Technology Goes Home for grades 4–5: parents and students take classes and earn a laptop upon completion
- Quarterly family nights with various themes: Health/Wellness night, STEAM Night, Multi-Cultural Night
- Counseling for students and families through the on-site South End Community Health Center
- Home visits to build relationships with families and students
- English as a Second Language for students and an English Class for family members who have students attend the Blackstone School.
- Guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Timilty Middle School.
Special academic programs:
- Integrated early childhood, K0-K2 (ages 3-5)
- Art Resource Collaborative for Kids, Big Brother/Big Sister Associations, Boston Partners in Education, City Year, Generations, Inc, Playworks, Blackstone Community Center, South End Community Health Center, St Stephen’s Episcopal Church, IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción, Rosie's Place, Sheraton of Boston, United South End Settlements, America Scores, Imagine That After-School, Ellis Memorial After-School, Friends of Blackstone, Girls on the Run
Before and after school programs in our building:
- Before school: Mon.-Fri., 7:15-8:15; $5 per day
- After school: City Year Starfish Program, grades 3-5, Monday-Thursday, free; IBA after school program, grades 1-2 English learner (EL) students, Monday-Friday, free; Imajine That after school program, for students in K0/K1/K2, Monday-Friday (there is a cost for this program)