Baldwin Early Learning Pilot Academy
We provide instruction in personal and social development, language and literacy, mathematical thinking, scientific thinking, social studies, the arts, music, technology, physical education and swimming. We emphasize and use authentic “hands on,” critical thinking, and thematic approaches. Our goal is for all of our students to meet or exceed the performance goals for their grade level.
The Baldwin ELPA also provides safety net services and enrichment programs to enhance student learning. In addition to our teaching staff, we have a full time nurse and social worker.
Each Wednesday is a professional half day that provides two hours of professional development for our staff.
What makes our school special:
• A pilot school, part of a network of innovative schools that are free from teachers’ union and Boston Public Schools work rules
• Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
• Small class sizes: 16 students in our K0 and K1 classes and 20 students in our K2 and grade 1 classes
• Free extended day program
• Adult-to-child ratio of 1 to 8 or less
• Music, technology, and art
• Focus on professional development
• Multicultural environment
* K-8 Pathway: Baldwin ELPA first graders are guaranteed assignment to grade 2 in the Edison K-8 School.
Special academic programs:
• All of our classrooms are inclusion classrooms and provide Sheltered English Instruction for English Language Learners.
• Boston University, Discovering Justice (Moakley Courthouse), Community Music Center, Covenant House, Franciscan Hospital for Children, Providence House Senior Center, ReadBoston, and YMCA
Before and after school programs in our building:
• Free surround care, 7:30 am to 4:35 pm; early dismissal 11:30 am on Wednesday