Monday, December 9, 2013
Adams Elementary School
165 Webster StreetEast Boston, MA 02128
- A historic school overlooking Piers Park
- A balanced literacy program based on the Reading Street program using the Reader’s and Writer’s Workshop model of instruction
- ESL programs to support English language learners
- Oral language development support in K1 and K2
- Multicultural enrichment programs in music and art
- An active parent organization and Parent Coordinator, providing classroom assistance and fundraising
- Many activities for parents, including kindergarten orientation, Open House, Family Math Night, Reading with Your Child workshop, MCAS information workshop, and family potluck suppers
- Art, physical education, computer, and science
- Before and after school programs to support students
- Boston Ballet program in grade 3
- School partners: Community Music Center of Boston, YMCA, Louis D. Brown Peace Institute and Longfield Foundation.
- This school is a member of the Boston Inclusive Schools Network.
The network links together the BPS schools offering and developing expanded inclusive opportunities for students with disabilities with technical assistance and support from Urban Special Education Leadership Collaborative at Education Development Center in Waltham.