In addition to core subject instruction, the Adams offers computers, science and physical education as specialties. We have a deep commitment to educating our students in the arts. For the past several years, the Adams School has received an Arts Expansion Grant awarded by EdVestors. Through this grant, the Community Music Center of Boston provides weekly music instruction to students in K1 to grade 3 and violin instruction in grades 4-5. The grant also funds our partnership with VSA Massachusetts, which offers arts instruction to our students with special needs in an inclusionary model.
Our collaboration with the Allston-Brighton Mental Health Association allows us to provide counseling services to our students on-site with a full time counselor assigned to our school.
In 2014-2015, the Adams continues its partnership with the Everybody Wins! Program. This program brings volunteers into the school to read with students at lunch once per week.
• A historic school overlooking Piers Park: we have the best view in Boston!
• A balanced literacy program using the Readers’ and Writers’ Workshop model of instruction
• SEI and hybrid programs to support English language learners
• Oral language development support in K1 and K2
• Multicultural enrichment programs in music and art
• A Parent Council, elected parent representatives on the School Site Council, and two teachers who also serves as the school’s family and student engagement coordinators.
• Many activities for families, including Kindergarten Orientation, Open House, Family Math Night, parent workshops, and family potluck suppers
• Physical education, computer, and science
• After school programs to support students
• Full time interventionist teacher to help students in grades K2-5
• Two full time ESL teachers to address the needs of our English language learners
• School facilities: auditorium, playground, computer lab, cafeteria, outdoor classroom
* K-8 Pathway: Adams 5th graders are guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Edwards Middle School or Umana Academy.
• K1-2 SEI (Sheltered English Instruction) program and a hybrid (general education and SEI) strand in grades K1-4
• Highly specialized autism strand in grades K0-5
• Community Music Center of Boston, Everybody Wins! Program (Power Lunch), Allston-Brighton Mental Health Association, YMCA of East Boston, New England Aquarium, Very Special Arts of Massachusetts, Scholastic Inc.
• After school program until 6:00 pm: operated by YMCA; fee.