Adams Elementary School
The Adams School is a small learning community in East Boston overlooking Piers Park and the Boston Harbor. We have a deeply caring, committed staff who work hard to ensure that all students are on a path to being college and career ready.
What makes our school special:
K-8 Pathway: Guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Edwards Middle School or Umana Academy.
- A historic school overlooking Piers Park. We have the best view in Boston!
- Early adopters of the Core Aligned Literacy Modules in grades 3-5 and the Focus on First grade 1 curriculum
- Oral language development support in K1 and K2
- Enrichment programs in music and art
- A Parent Council with elected officers, parent representatives on School Site Council, and two teachers who serve as the school’s Family and Student Engagement coordinators.
- Many activities for parents including Kindergarten Orientation, Open House, Family Math Night, parent workshops, and family potluck suppers
- Physical education, computer, science, and theatre as special programs for students
- After school programs to support students
- A full time ESL teacher to provide additional support for our English Language Learner
Special academic programs:
- K1-2 SEI (Sheltered English Instruction) program and a hybrid (general education and SEI) strand in grades K1-4
- Highly specialized autism strand in grades K0-5
After school programs in our building:
- Boston Community Music Center, VSA of Massachusetts, Everybody Wins Program /Power Lunch, Allston Brighton Mental Health Association, YMCA of East Boston, New England Aquarium, Scholastic, Inc, Playworks, Museum of Fine Arts
- After school program until 6:00 PM operated by YMCA (fee) for students ages 5 and older.
- For 4th and 5th graders: Playworks Junior Coaches, Theatre Club, and Typing Club which each meet after school once per week.