UP Academy Charter School of Dorchester is a tuition-free, college preparatory public elementary charter school run by the non-profit UP Education Network, modeled on the highest-performing urban public schools in the U.S. Up Academy Dorchester opened its doors in August 2013 with grades K1-5 and will add one grade per year to serve grades K1-8 by fall 2016.
UP Academy Dorchester aims to ensure that all students will acquire the knowledge, skills, and strength of character necessary to succeed on the path to college and achieve their full potential. Our rigorous, standards-based curriculum and instruction emphasizes math and reading. Our extended school year and day is designed to maximize instructional time in core subjects and provide opportunities for arts and physical education.
Every class and each assignment is designed to prepare students for success at UP Academy Dorchester, in high school, and beyond. Our school provides supports for all learners, including students with special needs and English Language Learners. Teachers and Staff work very hard to do whatever it takes to create and maintain a positive school culture that celebrates our students’ achievements and fosters a true love for learning.
What makes our school special:
• One-on-one and small group support during the school day
• Relentlessly high and consistent academic and behavioral expectations for students, families, and staff, fostering a safe, peaceful learning environment
• Character education program
• Daily exposure to arts and physical fitness
• Regular opportunities for family involvement
• Lottery-based enrollment open to all students in the district;
for application and additional information, visit upacademydorchester.org
Special academic programs:
• Comprehensive supports for all students, including special education students and English language learners
Before and after school programs in our building:
• Before school: Breakfast served from 7:15-7:45 am daily.• After school: Programming offered for K1-grade 4 until 6pm everyday!